The most common method is to use Fastboot with the command fastboot oem lock or fastboot flashing lock. That said, using a Nandroid backup to return to stock is only a short-term option. The backup will restore your old apps and data, meaning that apps you’ve uninstalled will reappear, and text messages you’ve since received will disappear.
- You can flash the firmware (Stock ROM) with these flash tools.
- If your device uses hardware backed attestation, you might have to do this to pass the CTS profile check of SafetyNet.
- You should visit his page to see if newer versions are available.
- If the main link is slow, then settle for the mirror links including the fast Google Drive link.
Make sure to always create a backup of your Android device before proceeding. While the download link for officially supported devices is mentioned below, some of these ROMs may have an unofficial port available for other devices as well. These Custom ROMs offer excellent benefits and extra features like animations, gestures, lock screen, status bar, etc. It helps in enhancing your POCO phones UI, battery performance, and overall usability.
The POCOphone F1 features a single speaker, found on the bottom (only one of the two grilles houses a speaker). It gets pretty loud, but it tends to buzz at high volumes.
With this feature you can export the current module settings to a configuration file for future use. The file will be saved on your internal storage, in the /mhpc directory. By default, parts of the module post-fs-data boot script is executed in the background, but the parts that don’t might still cause issues on some devices. If there are issues with the boot scripts not running during boot, try enabling this option to execute the script entirely in the background. Keep in mind that this might cause other issues, so only enable if necessary. This option will disable or enable the automatic check for a module update when the props script starts. If the update check is disabled, it can download stock firmware still be performed manually from within the script, in the main menu, or with the -u run option (use -h for details).
- Android phones with Android 8 and above cannot flash with a lower version.
- Use this method to toggle the dark mode on/off or set to to automatic on the POCO/Pocophone F1 or any other Xiaomi smarphone with MIUI 10 stable ROM.
- The device earned an incredible media reception upon launch, mostly by virtue of its ridiculous price to value ratio.
- Read through the documentation to find more details and how to fix your device if things go south.
It was not that long ago that Huawei moved to block users from unlocking the bootloader on any of the company’s devices. While Xiaomi hasn’t fully stopped users from unlocking the bootloader on their devices, they’ve started to make users wait a month (or even two) for unlocking the bootloader.